TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cancellation Policy for Full-time Programs (Full Year & Term-by-Term)
- In the event that a student is declined admission, any tuition fees paid will be refunded
- If you submit a Full-Time application prior to completing the campus interview and receiving acceptance, your deposit will be held until the Admissions Process is completed and the student has been formally accepted to Blyth Academy
- The one-time application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance
- Upon acceptance, tuition fees are non-refundable
- In the event that a student/parents are not forthcoming with information which could negatively impact the performance of the student or their peers, Blyth Academy reserves the right to dismiss the student from the school without refund
- In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable, no exceptions
- An NSF fee of $50 will be applied to all cheques processed with insufficient funds
- Credit notes are non-transferable between students, valid for 12 months from issue date, and are applicable to all Blyth Academy programs
- Items not included in tuition fees: textbooks and school supplies, materials fee, field trips (not associated with the Learning to Learn (Foundations) or partnership programs), science lab fee, special events (i.e. prom or graduation ceremonies), partnership course fees
Additional Terms and Conditions for International Applications
An international student is defined as any student who does not hold Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or refugee status, regardless of where they are physically living.
- In order to receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from Blyth Academy, students must submit current transcripts (translated), a copy of their passport, and $2,500 tuition deposit
- Failure to provide the above documents and deposit will result in an application being declined
- International student fees are due in full before June 1st for students attending Term 1 (September), or at the time of enrolment, whichever comes first
- International student fees for students attending subsequent terms are due in full 20 days prior to the start of the first term attended by the student
- International students will be refunded 100% of their tuition if their Study Permit is declined with the following caveat: families must complete a request for refund form and attach proof of refusal and forward both to Blyth Admissions within 15 working days from the day stated on their Letter of Refusal
- Tuition fees are otherwise non-refundable
- Valid medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for International students attending Blyth Academy. Applicants will be automatically invoiced for Blyth-offered medical insurance unless proof of coverage accompanies their application
Missed Installment Payments:
Families will be given 72 business hours to resolve a missed installment payment. If payment is not resolved, the student will be considered in default and the Campus notified to restrict attendance until payment is made.
Cancellation Policy for Night School, Summer School, Private Courses, Semi-Private Courses, Private Repeat Courses & Blyth Academy Online Courses
- Students must submit proof of pre-requisite for course(s) upon registration. No credit will be issued where the student fails to submit or has not completed the required prerequisite, or equivalent.
- Blyth Academy will refund 100% of the tuition fees paid in the event that we are not able to offer an advertised course
- In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth Academy for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable, no exceptions
- Discounts and promotions cannot be combined under any circumstance or applied retroactively.
- An NSF fee of $50 will be applied to all cheques processed with insufficient funds.
- Late payments will be assessed a $50 surcharge for failure to pay by the date(s) specified on all invoices.
- Credit notes are non-transferable between students, valid for 12 months from issue date, and are applicable to all Blyth Academy programs.
- Items not included in tuition fees: textbooks and school supplies, materials fee, field trips, science lab fee, special events (i.e. prom or graduation ceremonies), partnership course fees
- Blyth Academy Online
- Fees are due in full prior to course start and are non-refundable.
- Courses may be transferred for the same student to another online course prior to course start for an administrative fee of $150.00.
- Night School & Summer School
- Course offerings vary by school and some schools do not offer all courses. All dates and times are subject to change. Blyth Academy reserves the right to cancel courses at any time, for lack of sufficient enrolment. In the event a course is withdrawn, students will have priority access to another course or will receive a full refund.
- Tuition fees for night school & summer courses are fully refundable up until 90 days prior to the commencement of the course
- Between 89-46 days prior to the commencement of the course, a credit note for 100% of the value of the course will be issued
- Within 45 days of the commencement of the course, there will be no refunds or credit notes issued
- Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Courses
- All Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Course fees require a 50% deposit upon registration; the balance is due in full once a teacher has been found. Private, repeat and semi-private courses are not guaranteed and can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to staff
- In the event a Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Course cannot be staffed, the 50% deposit paid will be refunded in full.
Tuition Cancellation Insurance:
Tuition Cancellation Insurance serves to protect families who anticipate that their child(ren) may not be able to complete a full academic year of study either due to illness or family relocation. Without this insurance, refunds will not be provided, as per our Terms and Conditions. Families whose child(ren) have a history of physical or mental health issues are strongly encouraged to purchase this insurance.
Tuition Cancellation Protection can be purchased at a cost of 5% of total tuition and must be paid at the time of enrolment. The unused tuition will be refunded should one of the following events occur:
- The student has a serious illness which will prevent them from returning to school within 6 months. In the case of a temporary illness of 6 months or less, the student may be granted a leave of absence from the school and apply the remaining tuition upon their return. Letter from the family doctor will be required.
- The family is forced to re-locate due to a job change within the same company. A letter from the employer will be required stating that the re-location will prevent the student from attending their current Blyth campus or any other campus due to distance.
- 所有資金不足的支票將被收取$ 50的NSF費用
- 貸方票據在學生之間不可轉讓，有效期為自發行之日起12個月，並且適用於所有Blyth Academy課程
- 如果我們無法提供課程，Blyth Academy將退還已付學費的100％
- 如果學生因任何原因被停學，開除或以其他方式離開Blyth Academy，支付給Blyth的所有費用一律不予退還，無一例外
- 如果資金不足，所有支票將被收取$ 50的NSF費用。
- 如果未能在所有發票上指定的日期之前付款，則延遲付款將被加收$ 50的附加費。
- 貸方票據在學生之間不可轉讓，有效期為自發行之日起12個月，並且適用於所有Blyth Academy課程。
- 在開課之前，可以將同一位學生的課程轉移到另一個在線課程，但需收取$ 150.00的管理費。